You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Wisconsin’ tag.
Wisconsin state senator Glenn Grothman is an unusually intelligent man. And we both know that men are usually intelligent.
How intelligent is he? Let me count the ways.
1. He authored a bill to label single parenthood “a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect.” 31% of children in his state live in single parent homes.
2. He blames single parenthood on “the choice of the women”.
3. He identifies the government of making the “single motherhood lifestyle” desirable. (What about single fathers? Well, they’re men, so there’s no need to criticize them.)
4. He illuminates that women actually don’t have unplanned pregnancies. They just lie and say the pregnancies were unplanned. Because they’re women. Lying’s what they do.
5. He draws the fine line that women are dumb enough not to know that it’s hard to be a single parent, but smart enough to have a country-wide conspiracy to lie about their covertly-planned unplanned pregnancies for reasons that they have as of yet not revealed. No word yet on single fathers or the baby daddies of these nefarious single mothers. Which is probably because these smart-stupid single ladies have found a way to reproduce that doesn’t even involve men, meaning that we are only a short journey away from a dystopian future of feminazi fascism and male slavery.
Why do I think I hear the infamous welfare queen lurking behind his words?
First, my shouts out to Tunisian, Egyptian, Libyan, Bahraini, Moroccan, and Yemeni protesters. I gotta wonder if protesters in Wisconsin haven’t found a bit of their energy and inspiration from these movements.
So many of us have noticed that the MSM has not found too much to report on in Wisconsin. I have deliberately been out looking for coverage, and it has been surprisingly thin. With the help of friends, I have these few suggestions:
From Colorlines: Thousands Protest Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker’s Anti-Union Attack
From Twin Cities Indymedia: Labor Unrest Rocks Wisconsin
Mother Jones: What’s Happening in Wisconsin Explained
Democracy Now!: Uprising in Wisconsin: Tens of Thousands Protest Anti-Union Bill
Yes! Magazine: Signs of the Times: The Best Protest Signs in Madison
In light of the article from Political Carnival, let us consider the post on Doug Ross @ Journal: Top 15 Photos From the Wisconsin Hate Rallies You’ll Never See in Legacy Media
And one of my favorite stories from this incident yet:
Bloomberg: Excuse notes from docs at protests draw scrutiny
As faculty absences grew, districts warned that teachers who missed time without prior approval or a doctor’s note could face disciplinary action, including docked pay for the days they were out.
Enter the activist doctors!