2. Research their financial products, business practices, and membership requirements.
3. Visit the websites and physical locations of the ones you like best. Talk with employees to get a feel for their customer service.
4. Make an appointment with the credit union or community bank that impresses you the most to discuss how to transfer your various accounts and take care of any necessary paperwork.
5. Withdraw all your money from your bank and move it to its new location! Make sure that every single account at every single financial institution is completely closed out or they WILL keep charging you fees. Don’t forget to let them know your reason for leaving.
6. Enjoy NOT paying bank fees and NOT supporting the corporate take-over of America!